It’s finally here, the week that the Hot Foot Honeys anxiously await all year: It’s time for our spring showcase, TAPography! To celebrate, here are some statistics and facts regarding the Hot Foot Honeys, and tap in general!
- The Hot Foot Honeys began rehearsing in September of this year, meaning we have put in 32 full company rehearsals on Sunday nights!
- This equates to roughly 48 hours of tap, not including additional Friday or Saturday practices for pieces that do not have the full company, any practice members do on their own, or the countless hours poured into choreographing!
- This year we have 11 company members: each tap shoe has two taps, so when each member is on stage, there are 44 taps total!
- We had an incredible turnout at our January 27th workshop! Did you know the biggest workshop occurred in Australia last year, with a turnout of 274 participants?! Can you imagine how loud that was?
- Originally, tap shoes had wooden bottoms or leather soles. The metal tap was not introduced until 1910!
- In the 1950’s and 60’s, it was common for children to attach bottle caps and scraps of metal to the soles of their shoes to mimic famous tap dancers.
There is still plenty of time to reserve your spot for the masterclass with Asha Griffith, happening Saturday April 21st. Schedule a full day of tap! Children up to 18 will begin at 1:00 pm, and adults will begin at 2:00pm. Visit our website to ensure you reserve your spot. Tickets are only $25, a real steal to experience a class like this in Memphis! Check out the details, and reserve your spot today!
Looking for a fun date night, an early Mother’s Day surprise, or a girls’/guys’ night out? Our spring showcase, TAPography is exactly what you’re looking for! Tickets are on sale now. You’ll want to reserve them quick to ensure you get the best view of the finest tap and live music that Memphis has to offer! Visit here to purchase tickets!
Did you miss out on buying some amazing Hot Foot Honeys merch, featuring our brand new logo? We’re bringing it all back, just for you! Grab a tote, a tee, sweatshirt or tank sporting the Hot Foot Honeys logo, and show your support for your ONLY local tap company. Buy yours here today, before time runs out!